Thursday, October 20

Where there's smoke...

There's Ribbies! 7AM found me sliding out of bed to start my hickory chunks a-soakin'. I gave my meat a nice coating of dry rub last night and set them in the fridge to soak up my secret spices. This morning I lit the grill at 9:30 and sat down to eat a delicious breakfast courtesy of my loving Wifey. After washing up I put the finishing touches on my smoldering charcoal and added some hickory and set the meat to smoke. I got a little adventurous last night in the meat department and ordered some Texas country-style ribs. They are meatier and have less rib bones than baby backs. Supposedly the cheaper the cut of meat, the better it tastes when smoked. These ribs were $2.99/lb so they should be delectable! I will keep you updated as the meal progresses, so stay tuned. In the meantime, here are some pictures of the procedure. Have a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Your Visit Counted Who links me