Friday, April 29

Take THAT Taxman!

So much for "one for you nineteen for me"! I just returned from the property tax appeal and guess what......I fought the law and I WON! After about 10 minutes I was out the door with a promise of a new, lower assessment within two to four weeks, and get this, if I don't agree with that one I can appeal AGAIN! What did this entail? Only about five minutes on the phone requesting a fax that details the sales prices of two comparable properties, one dollar for parking, and ten minutes presenting my case and documentation to an overworked county employee. She agreed that my appraisal was too high and signed off to reduce the amount without any trouble whatsoever. Gotta love it when a plan comes together. Now there's nothing left to do but relax and enjoy the sounds of the monsoon outside while savoring the exquisite feeling that victory over the government affords. Have a great afternoon, I have to go gloat now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Your Visit Counted Who links me