Wednesday, April 12

On the Mend

Sorry about the absence, I have had an interesting few days. I was admitted to the hospital Saturday morning because I was experiencing something called expressive aphasia. I have never had this symptom before and I stumped several doctors and a neurologist who are treating me. I still don't know what caused this issue, but by Sunday I was back to normal, save a debilitating headache from the lumbar punctures I underwent. Yesterday I returned to the hospital for a epidural blood patch and today I am feeling better. I am on bed rest and must lie down, drink caffeine, and take Percoset periodically. Sleep has been elusive and I have not been feeling myself. Luckily the in-laws are in town to help us manage this difficult time. I have to keep this post short because I get tired easily these days. Bottom line is I am feeling better and thank everyone for their kind thoughts and prayers. I will keep you updated as best as I can. Have a great day and stay healthy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeb - if you need anything (ie clinical information, or anything at all) let me know. I have access to some of the best doctors in the world. Much love and hope for a speedy recovery!!! W

8:57 AM, April 14, 2006

 
Blogger The Wizened Wizard said...

Thanks for the comment and offer. I am feeling better already! You are too kind and we miss you mucho. Love you Blues.

6:30 PM, April 16, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Your Visit Counted Who links me