Wednesday, August 31

The Big Un-Easy

Well, the Wizard is back online again despite having to work a little extra this week. In my spare time I have been glued to the television watching the situation in New Orleans deteriorating and the rebuilding begin. It is simply overwhelming. Wifey says it is difficult to watch the footage because it is so reminiscent of the devastation she experienced after Hurricane Andrew. Several of my younger employees at work were visibly distraught and questioned whether this event had any historical precedent or were they just not as aware of previous disasters of this type. I assured them that disasters had been occurring before this most recent iteration and it was not the beginning of the apocalypse(which quite a few of them suspected). I was surprised by the general sense of panic concerning the price of gas in Knoxville today. When I gassed up this morning regular unleaded was at $2.59/gal. The stations across the street from work were at $2.99 when I arrived. By the time I left approximately 11 hours later the price had increased to $3.09/gal. There were reports of price gouging locally and in Atlanta there were instances of merchants charging over $6.00/gal. Almost every single employee pleaded to be excused to fill up their tanks and I could not turn them down. It seems that gas fever will soon have a hold on most of the country. I hope that will not prevent people from making a donation to the victims of this disaster. I may have a day off tomorrow, I may not. I will do my best to update with more as soon as possible. God bless and keep the hurricane victims safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Your Visit Counted Who links me