Saturday, August 27

Sicky icky

Hey everybody, long time no post!! Sorry about the spontaneous hiatus(can't say I didn't warn you), but I have been a little under the weather recently. Luckily, Wifey did not get afflicted with my infirmity. Unfortunately Annabelle did get a touch of the bug, but she is dealing with it well and has made a quick recovery. No cause for concern because the doctor says at this stage it is okay to have them exposed to some germs to help build and condition their immune systems(as long as it's not Ebola or anything). She is feeling better and will be visiting the doc for her one month check-up on Thursday. She is certainly a lucky girl to have family that cares for her and sends her wonderful presents like the ones she received this week. Tia Emma sent a beautiful framed poem she wrote for her grandniece and Wendy and Randy Blue sent a care package full of gifts and clothes for our little girlie. Our across-the-street neighbors even stopped by with some goodies for her. We are doing our best to keep up with the thank you letters, although the gifts are arriving at such a feverish pace we are falling behind. We appreciate the presents immensely and are having a lot of fun with the fruits of your generosity. We have not forgotten the thank yous, they will be arriving soon. We received news of another August baby born into our family yesterday. David Andon Dexter was born Friday to his parents Django and Lisa Dexter in California. He weighed in at 7 lbs. 11 oz. and is doing well. Congratulations you two and welcome to the world Andon! We can't wait for him to meet Annabelle. I will get some pics up as soon as I can. In the meantime I will share some more pics of our baby! Oh, and I also wanted to post a couple of recipes I tried recently with nice results. Hope you give them a shot, they are delicious. Here's number one and number two(I substituted broccoli for cauliflower and used real eggs--delicious). I have also enjoyed listening to music from a new artist I have been hearing on the local college radio station. It is by a guy named Matisyahu(Hebrew for Matthew) who is a Hasidic Jewish reggae-style rapper. Yes, you heard me right, a Hasidic rapper! Check out the "King Without a Crown" soundclip. He is touring the country and will be playing shows in Portland and Albuquerque(but not on Fridays, it's shabbas, of course). He's not coming to Knoxville, but I highly recommend checking him out if he stops by your neck of the woods. Have a great night and stay safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Your Visit Counted Who links me