Friday, May 27

Up in the sky, it's a bird...it's a plane blog!

Well devoted blog readers, the Wizard is plane blogging for the first time. The flight time from Nashville to Oakland is supposedly 4 1/2 hours, but after about hour two I was hoping we were already there. Southwest’s accommodations are sufficient, although a little smaller than ideal. Even the bags of peanuts are mini-sized. Thank goodness for our foresight in packing some lunches to eat while enroute, because the in-flight snacks served consisted of a small bag of cheese nips, four graham crackers, peanuts, and some Oreos (mini-sized of course). Wifey got up at chicken thirty to make us some delicious sandwiches, which hit the spot at lunchtime. I don’t think everyone onboard read that we would not be receiving meals, because I heard a few of them grumbling about being hungry. One was even so bold as to inquire of the flight attendant if it was, in fact, legal not to serve food on a four hour plus flight. She assured him they were not violating any nourishment laws, explaining (complete with Freudian slip) that they do not serve meals because they are a “Low Care Ferry-er, uh, I mean Low Fare Carrier” We both got quite a chuckle out of that hilarious explanation. I suppose others would have enjoyed it more were it not for the grumbling in their stomachs. Other than the cramped conditions the flight was good. We even got to see the Rockies, since the traveling weather today is so nice. Hopefully our last leg will be as smooth as this one, so the only difficult thing left to do will be adjusting to PST. I am going to stop pummeling my seat mates with my elbows while I attempt to type this and put this laptop away for landing. Sky Wizard out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Your Visit Counted Who links me