Sunday, January 31

Back to the kitchen...

So I haven't been inspired in a while and I feel like I have turned my back on an old and faithful friend. I take comfort in food. I love to eat it, but I also enjoy making it. I find there is something magical in the process. A jumble of raw ingredients soon transforms before our eyes into a delicious meal, at least in theory. Here is evidence of my most recent endeavor, hope you enjoy!


Right to Left=Blue cheese bread crumbs(Melt 3 tbsp butter w/ 2 cloves minced garlic and 2 oz. blue cheese crumbles in a saucepan, Mix in 1/2 c. breadcrumbs and set aside)+ 1 bunch washed, chopped Kale, 2 organic NY Strips, room temp, trimmed, and blotted dry+Dijon Mustard, salt, pepper, chicken stock, red wine. Let's do this!

Oven to 500F, skillet in the oven until hottt! Using an oven mitt(important, trust me) place skillet onto a burner on high and in with thy steaks(which you just coated w/ olive oil, sea salt and fresh cracked pepper!) SIZZZZZZLE!!!! 2 minutes on the first side and flip it with the tongs. 2 minutes on second side. While it's cooking on the second side, top the steaks with the breadcrumb mixture and get your broiler on at 500F. Put the skillet back into the oven and broil for 2-3 minutes until breadcrumbs are browned.

Scrape any leftover breadcrumbs out of the skillet and toss in your kale over medium heat. Wilt that bad boy! After it gets bright green, add 1 cup chicken stock and 1 cup red wine.
Heat on a high simmer until it is reduced by half, then stir in 4 tsp Dijon mustard.

Serve with mashed potatoes and some good company. Mangia!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Your Visit Counted Who links me