Saturday, November 7

Enough...

...with the promises and excuses. Here's a new post!

I haven't felt like blogging in quite some time and it's been just fine with me, until now. Maybe it's because I can't sleep at 4AM, maybe I'm inspired because Wifey has a fantastic blog which you should definitely check out, or maybe, just maybe, I finally have something enlightening to share with you.....NOT!

The time I spent away has been nice. Lots of stuff has happened and most of it has been fun. Some has been challenging and some has been distasteful, but I have started to realize that I am happier when I take a few minutes for myself to reflect on my journey. I don't think I will attempt to catch you up on the happenings, rather, just pick up where I am.

Right now I am sick. This doesn't happen much but when it does, look out! I have been feeling yucky with some sinus funk that I am trying desperately to shake off. Come on Mucinex!

Work has settled down a bit after an intensely challenging period of flux. It has made me a stronger employee and sparked my desire for progress, but it has also made me dislike my job a bit. My oldest daughter always asks me if I am going to work, and when I say yes, her response is "I wish you could stay here with me". I try to explain that I have to work to make money to buy things. A big part of me wishes I didn't have to spend so much time away from family and the recent past only served to exacerbate that feeling. I like my job, don't get me wrong....but if I was offered a job travelling the world with my family and sharing my experiences with others, I would jump at the chance. My passion has always been food, but the fire is in need of some fuel. The longer I feel stagnant, the more I want to change paths. I am starting to get a bit jaded, you might say. What to do? I honestly don't know. I appreciate the stability. I don't think I am ready to trade that quite yet. Bills must be paid, things must be purchased, etc. and it is nice to know that paycheck is coming. There is a light on the horizon, however, that is calling me to do something different, something amazing, for myself and my family. One thing that I am afraid of is the time and energy that chasing the light requires. It would most certainly be more demanding on my time and energy and I don't know if I would trade any amount of monetary reward or personal fulfillment for those precious resources. I have to weigh the opportunity cost carefully and strengthen my resolve before attempting such a change and it's going to take some time to get there from where I am currently. Ideally, I would like a job that allows me to spend the days and nights together with my loved ones while sharing my passion for food with others. Wouldn't that be nice?! Now who's hiring?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Your Visit Counted Who links me