Wednesday, April 25

The call of the wild(erness)

Howdy Peeps, the Wizard here to satisfy your hunger for more posts. Today is Wednesday and the end of my work week. I couldn't be more pleased with that situation; I am ready for a break. Friday can't come too soon and my anticipation is slowly building. This Friday, weather permitting, I will be hiking in the Smokies with some friends. I began venturing out into the woods this January, in an effort to improve fitness and have some special time in the forests of the most visited national park in the U.S. The park is truly a place of immeasurable beauty and each week I find it luring me back with the promise of undiscovered trails and unparalleled vistas. This week we will be hiking to the Ramsay Cascades, the highest waterfall in the park. It is not the longest, nor steepest hike I have undertaken since rediscovering the outdoors, but if Harvey Broome is right, we are in for a picturesque trek. I will try to find some space in my pack for a camera so I can give you a glimpse of what waits at the end of the trail. Until then stay happy and healthy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Your Visit Counted Who links me