Friday, September 23

Lazy Daze

Hello my blog-starved compadres, I am back to spew some more randomness. It has been over a week since I have posted, and I am sure some of you must be getting frustrated. Sucks for you! Just kidding, you know I love all my readers! I am still adjusting to the time demands a baby presents, and some things have been shifted to the back burner. The young one is doing well--she even smiles and laughs at her silly Daddy every so often. Wifey went out for a social evening with her friends yesterday, and it was just Daddy and daughter time. She is amazing and well-behaved. I never tire of watching her and every day it seems she learns new things. I caught the season premiere of Lost on Wednesday which was awesome. I think that show is one of the best television programs I have ever seen. I highly recommend checking it out if you get the chance. I guess I have to say something about current events, so here goes. Hurricane Rita is coming ashore and once again the Gulf Coast is in turmoil. New Orleans is leaking, Galveston is under water and more deaths are imminent. I spoke with a gentleman from Biloxi the other day and he said he recently left his duties with the sheriff's department because he could not deal with collecting dead bodies from trees. Hard to believe this is happening just a few hours away. I started a collection jar at work and we have collected over $200 for the Red Cross in the last week. It makes me realize how unimportant certain things are when daily struggles are reduced to basic survival. I wonder if we will become so dependent on modern conveniences that we will no longer be able to exist without them. I look forward to teaching Annabelle to camp and be familiar with outdoor survival skills. Hopefully there will be some pristine land and water left to show her when the time comes. Until then, have your survival packs ready and help those less fortunate than us. Good day and have fun with some new pics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Your Visit Counted Who links me