Friday, May 20

**Warning** Gross Poison Ivy Pictures **Warning**

Okay, so I thought the poison ivy pictures I linked to the other day were totally gross and much worse than my exposure. That was then, this is now. Keep in mind the photos below are a full two weeks from my lovely poison ivy experience. Yes, two weeks! The Benadryl seemed to be much more affective once the oozing yellowish blisters appeared(two days ago). The Caladryl was semi-effective during the early stages, but is completely useless now. The best thing for the pre-blister phase was some thick hot oatmeal (made with lemon juice and vinegar instead of water) applied to the area and allowed to cool and dry completely . It stinks, but it really took the itch away and helped speed the progression of this hateful affliction. How can I forget to sing the praises of the good old hair dryer, which is extremely effective in knocking out the itching for several hours. I blow dry my legs, arm, and stomach twice a day and savor the temporary relief it offers. The itching is not so bad now that the blisters have popped up and started oozing. Gee, that's a funny sentence to type! Anyway, have a look-see at the pretty colors my skin has turned and try not to lose your lunch in the process. Oh, and don't walk around drunk in poison ivy. Ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Your Visit Counted Who links me